Monday, October 3, 2011

SATURDAY! SATURDAY SATURDAY! It's MONSTER CANS!

Sorry to shout out the title there but I'm just so EXCITED about our last crafter-day saturday craft project. I had every intention of making monster feet using rectangle tissue boxes but sadly I didn't get enough donated in time.

So I had to think on my feet. What would the kids like to do using supplies we already had donated? Hmm We have a TON of empty coffee cans. I opted for the small ones. After stripping off their respective labels I gave them two coats of washable paint (mostly just because it's what I ahd laying around and let's face it. I'm a messy crafter, heck, a messy everything.) I gave the kids scraps of paper, pom poms, pipe cleaners, Easter grass, and other odds and ends to just have at it.


I put out two example kids I did myself as well as fliers telling them how to do a couple different techniques. I love my shaggy blue and orange monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment