Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Little Pumpkins

For my pumpkin story time this week I made this version of Five Little Pumpkins.  I like it because it's different from others I have heard  and I could really animate the pumpkins as they moved around the flannel board.

Here is the Rhyme:
Five little pumpkins bouncing by the door, (Place each pumpkin by the door)
One rolled away (remove one), and now there are four.
Four little pumpkins sitting in the tree, ( Place each one on the tree)
One jumped down, and now there are three. (Remove one.)
Three little pumpkins playing 'Peek-a-boo', (Place each on board between door and tree)
One ran away, and now there are two. (Remove one.)
Two little pumpkins sitting in the sun, (Place the sun up above the pumpkins)
One went home, and now there is one. (Remove one.)
One little pumpkin, feeling kind of shy, blows you a kiss, and waves, 'good-bye'. (Remove last pumpkin.)

When it says rolled, jumped, etc. I made the pumpkin do the action. When the pumpkin played peek a boo so did I. We did it a couple times and that resulted in the kiddos collapsing into fits of giggles.

The tree is the same template I borrowed when I made the Autumn - Blue is the Sky flannel story.

No comments:

Post a Comment